Tandem With The Random podcast No. 26 (4/9/2013) features special guest/co-host John LeMasney, a central New Jersey-based technology and design consultant, and was mostly recorded live via Google+ Hangouts on Air on Wednesday, April 3, 2013. Plus, Jon Lambert, general manager of the Princeton Record Exchange in Princeton, New Jersey, discusses Record Store Day. And to continue the podcast’s celebration of the 50th anniversary of popular science fiction television program, Doctor Who, we’ll hear more from Sam Tomaino of the Prydonians of Prynceton fan club…plus a few random thoughts. File size: 16.6 MB. Time: 1 hr, 08 min, 30 sec. Host: Brian Kelley & John LeMasney.
Interact with Tandem With The Random:
- TWTR on the Web
- TWTR on Facebook
- TWTR on Google+
- TWTR on Twitter (@TWTRpodcast)
- TWTR on Tumblr
- TWTR on YouTube
- E-mail – TWTRpodcast@gmail.com
- Voicemail (in the U.S.) – 1-609-310-1480 (voicemails may be used during future podcasts)
Links related related to Jon Lambert, general manager of the Princeton Record Exchange in Princeton, N.J., and Record Store Day:
- Princeton Record Exchange – official web site
- Facebook: Princeton Record Exchange – official Facebook page
- @PrexMusic – official Twitter account
- Record Store Day – official event web site
Links related to guest/co-host John LeMasney:
- John LeMasney: Technology and Design Consulting – official web site
- Facebook: LeMasney Technology and Design Consulting – business Facebook page
- Diary of Calories – John’s blog on weight-loss, nutrition and mental/physical well-being
- Neckbeards Network – John’s YouTube channel of Google+ Hangouts on Air, including Technology and the Arts!
Doctor Who 50th Anniversary – Listener Memories
This episode features more thoughts on Doctor Who from Sam Tomaino of the Prydonians of Prynceton.
Finally, here are some other things mentioned during the podcast:
- Brian talks about running in the Barnabas Health/Lakewood BlueClaws 5K on April 7…his 5K time of 28:52.96 satisfied his goal of finishing in less than 30 minutes. Here is his official result (although his name is spelled a bit wrong).
- Brian and John also went into Technology and the Arts mode and talked at length about Google Glass.
More after the jump…
Here’s the Google Glass parody video I tried to remember during my chat with John…
Hurricane Sandy Relief As a native and resident of New Jersey, I kindly ask you to please visit the links below for information about Hurricane Sandy relief efforts in the Garden State and how you can help:
- State of New Jersey Hurricane Sandy Information Center
- New Jersey Office of Emergency Management
- FEMA Disaster Assistance – Get information and file for federal disaster assistance.
- American Red Cross – Donate to relief efforts!
- Jersey Shore Hurricane News – A Facebook page that has been providing much-needed information, photos, tips and other updates during and after the storm.
- Restore our Shore – A Princeton, NJ-based organization featured on the Nov. 21 special edition of the podcast that is working to raise for funds for relief efforts.