Tandem With The Random podcast No. 3 (2/21/2011) features an interview with author Allen Schatz, who left behind a 25-year career in finance/accounting to pursue a career as an author. Allen has recently published his first novel, a baseball-centered mystery titled “Game 7: Dead Ball” — now available as an e-book at Smashwords.com.
- Interact with Tandem With The Random
- Web – https://tandem.wordpress.com
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/TandemWithTheRandom
- Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/TWTRpodcast
- E-mail – TWTRpodcast@gmail.com
- Voicemail (in the U.S.) – 1-609-310-1480 (voicemails may be used during future podcasts)
- Brian cites radio icon Jean Shepherd’s 1970s PBS programs “Jean Shepherd’s America” and “Shepherd’s Pie” as Tandem With The Random influences (or, at least, would be if the host possessed anything close to a Jean Shepherd-level ability of storytelling).
- 170MillionAmericans.org – Visit this site today to find out what you can do to help save federal funding for public broadcasting.
- Pandora – The online music service — and friend of my old Technology and the Arts podcast — gets ready for an initial public offering (IPO). (CNET)
More info on Allen Schatz:
- AllenSchatz.com – Allen’s official web site
- @raschatz on Twitter
- “Game 7: Dead Ball” on Facebook
- “Game 7: Dead Ball” on Smashwords.com (for a limited time, receive a 25% discount with the code WJ47F)
And, as a special treat, here is radio legend Jean Shepherd — writer/narrator of “A Christmas Story” — and a clip from his late 1970s New Jersey Network program, “Shepherd’s Pie”…
Jean Shepherd – Bullet People from NJN’s “Shepherd’s Pie” (c. 1978)