Tandem With The Random podcast No. 21 (1/28/2013) features an interview with Gregg Taylor, founder of the Toronto-based Decoder Ring Theatre podcast featuring audio dramas in the tradition of classic programs of radio’s Golden Age. The podcast also begins a year-long series celebrating the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who with recollections by host Brian Kelley and guest Gregg Taylor…plus a few random thoughts. File size: 8.6 MB. Time: 35 min, 00 sec. Host: Brian Kelley.
Interact with Tandem With The Random
- TWTR on the Web
- TWTR on Facebook
- TWTR on Twitter (@TWTRpodcast)
- TWTR on Tumblr
- E-mail – TWTRpodcast@gmail.com
- Voicemail (in the U.S.) – 1-609-310-1480 (voicemails may be used during future podcasts)
Doctor Who 50th Anniversary – Listener Memories
To celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who, I am asking blog readers and podcast listeners who are fellow Whovians to please call the TWTR comment line at 1-609-310-1480 to leave a message about your Doctor Who experiences…your first time watching, your favorite Doctor, companion, villain or story. Anything you want to share about your Doctor Who fandom is appreciated. Select voicemails will be used on future podcasts.
Links related to Gregg Taylor/Decoder Ring Theatre
- Decoder Ring Theatre – official web site
- Decoder Ring Theatre on Twitter (@Decoder_Ring)
- Decoder Ring Theatre on Facebook
- Decoder Ring Theatre on Google+
- BBC: Click – Decoder Ring Theatre was featured on a Webscape segment of BBC’s “Click” technology program in February 2011…click the link to watch the video (DRT is mentioned starting at the 2:25 mark)
- Roger Ebert on Twitter – Noted film critic/Twitter user Roger Ebert plugged Decoder Ring Theatre in this March 2010 tweet
Links to other things mentioned during the podcast:
- Technology and the Arts – Host Brian Kelley’s other social media project, which—with co-host John LeMasney—was revived in late 2012.
- Spot the Station – NASA’s SMS/e-mail notification service of International Space Station flyovers of your area.
- Christian Beach – a singer-songwriter and long-time friend of host Brian Kelley, who will be accompanying Christian on accordion for a couple of songs at Buddies Tavern in Parlin, N.J., on Feb. 9.
As a native and resident of New Jersey, I kindly ask you to please visit the links below for information about Hurricane Sandy relief efforts in the Garden State and how you can help:
- State of New Jersey Hurricane Sandy Information Center
- New Jersey Office of Emergency Management
- FEMA Disaster Assistance – Get information and file for federal disaster assistance.
- American Red Cross – Donate to relief efforts!
- Jersey Shore Hurricane News – A Facebook page that has been providing much-needed information, photos, tips and other updates during and after the storm.