Tandem With The Random podcast No. 33 (05/07/2014): Johnsville Centrifuge – This episode of the podcast features the story of Naval Air Development Center, Johnsville, and the Johnsville Centrifuge, which was used to train all of the United States’ early astronauts. Mike Maguire, president of the Johnsville Centrifuge and Science Museum, and Sam Cravero, current owner of the centrifuge building, are interviewed…plus a few random thoughts. File size: 6.5 MB. Time: 28 min., 00 sec. Host: Brian Kelley.
Links related to NADC Johnsville/Johnsville Centrifuge:
- Johnsville Centrifuge and Science Museum – web site
- JCSM Annual Gala – The museum’s annual gala/dinner takes place this Saturday, May 10, and features retired NASA astronaut and U.S. Navy Captain (retired) Christopher J. Ferguson, pilot of STS-115 and commander of STS-126 as well as STS-135—the last-ever space shuttle mission!
- The Fuge – Event venue where the Johnsville Centrifuge is located.
Links related to Brian’s random thoughts:
- Brian’s training for the Broad Street Run, Atlantic City Triathlon and Trenton Half-Marathon
- Update No. 8 – Back in training 2014: Broad Street Run Recap
- Your 2014 Broad Street Run medal is wrong
- Atlantic City Triathlon
- Trenton Half-Marathon
- Broad Street Run
Interact with Tandem With The Random:
- TWTR on the Web
- TWTR on Facebook
- TWTR on Google+
- TWTR on Twitter (@TWTRpodcast)
- TWTR on Tumblr
- TWTR on YouTube
- E-mail – TWTRpodcast@gmail.com
- Voicemail (in the U.S.) – 1-609-310-1480 (voicemails may be used during future podcasts)